Regional Representative – West and Central Africa
Do you believe the humanitarian system can, and should, do better? Are you committed to improving cash and voucher assistance as a key part of humanitarian planning and response? Can you influence, motivate, engage, take initiative and inspire? Do you believe in the power of collective action? Do you know the humanitarian landscape in West and Central Africa?
If this sounds like you, then this super exciting position could be yours. We’re looking for someone to build on what has already been done and take it further – the sky is the limit. You’ll use your knowledge and experience of convening and influencing to gather people together, define priorities, and drive forward collective action. Your role will be regionally focused, and globally connected, bringing experience and dialogue together to improve humanitarian action. You’ll need to be up for a challenge, passionate about creating change and a great professional. In return, you’ll be part of a wonderful team and will know you’re helping make a difference.
The Regional Representative maintains and develops a thriving network, creating impact by convening, facilitating and harnessing diverse voices, representing, advocating and influencing for action, in service of the CALP Network’s vision and goals. The role plays a pivotal part in furthering the CALP Network’s strategic aims and delivering on our commitments to members and the wider humanitarian community. The post holder leads and ensures the delivery of the CALP Network’s work in West and Central Africa as part of the CALP Network’s overall strategy. The role requires highly collaborative ways of working with a myriad of actors, it will involve representing the CALP Network in regional and global fora.
The CALP Network is a dynamic global network of over 90 organisations engaged in the critical areas of policy, practice and research in humanitarian cash and voucher assistance (CVA) and financial assistance more broadly. As a the CALP Network team, we work with and for the CALP Network –keeping our vision front and centre. We mobilise the membership and the wider network to look for collective solutions to collective problems.
- Strategically lead the CALP Network’s work in the region and lead on some thematic initiatives with global reach.
- Provide internal and external leadership, providing management support to colleagues in your team.
- Foster the development of a vibrant network and driving strategic opportunities, increasing impact through collective action.
- Establish and maintain spheres of influence among CVA actors and beyond, including engagement with donors, IFIs and regional bodies.
- Establish and strengthen strategic relationships, partnerships and alliances within the network and amplify conversations beyond, within and beyond the region.
- Convene members and others to identify key issues, and explore the implications of emerging trends and issues.
- Lead on policy engagement in the region.
- Ensure continued funding for work in the region.
Essential Skills, Experience & Knowledge:
- Senior management experience, including strategy development, planning, delivery, and representation in an aid context.
- Experience and professionalism in networking and influencing senior actors across the humanitarian system.
- Understanding of Cash and Voucher Assistance in a humanitarian context in the region
- Understanding of the international humanitarian system at regional and global levels.
- Highly proactive and pragmatic leadership
- Experience in one or more of the CALP Network’s strategic focus areas.
- Detailed understanding of the regional/countries’ contexts.
- Excellent communication skills, including professional fluency in French and English.
- Experience with major humanitarian donor grant management and reporting procedures.
International position, welcoming applications from the region.
See the detailed Job Description below for more information
Follow this link to apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.